Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Library

So I assume most everyone who reads this blog (does anybody read this blog, actually??) knows that I am doing summer school online. The program doesn't run properly on my computer at home, so I have been getting it done on a combination of Riley's house and the youth house. But anyway, yesterday I decided to go to the library. I probably haven't been to the library since I was seven or so years old. A couple of years ago we got this new library near my house so I decided to finally go. I really liked the vibe! It is neat and kind of tucked back in the woods. It's very relaxing and I enjoyed the people watching. So anyway, I got my math done and decided to look around. I came across the DVD collection and realized I had hit gold. There were tons of movies I wanted to see, so I decided I had to see about getting a new library card. The lady asked if I had a library card previously, and I told her I had but it had been forever ago. She took my driver's license to see if I was in the system, and a perplexed look came over her face. She told me that I currently owe the Hinds county library system a grand total of $67.76. I was a little shocked, but then she told me about what the problem was. The books included titles as "Dazy the Guinea Pig", "Hamsters: How to Understand Them", and my personal favorite, "Why do Rabbits Hop?". I went through this HUGE phase where I was obsessed with getting a hamster. As you guys also probably know I never got one, and I also never returned those books. Anyway, I just can't decide what to do. I don't feel that I can go my whole life without a library card, it wouldn't feel right. I also don't feel though that this is the best time to spend seventy bucks on renewing my card. But anyway, do any of you guys go to the library? Any funny library stories out there?

Wy

No comments:

Post a Comment